Above is our head chef Manoj in 2000 receiving an award from India’s first minister for coming 1st place in a cooking competition. People travelled from all over India to compete and watch this competition that was to create dishes that included Mango. Manoj won with a King Prawn and mango dish which was a clear winner as soon as he presented his dish.
This week I will share with you one of Manoj’s recipes to recreate traditional chicken curry at home. Come back weekly to learn some amazing recipes from this award-winning Chef!
- 1kg bone on or boneless chicken
- 10 cloves of green cardamom
- 250 grams sliced white onions
- 200 grams of fresh tomatoes
- 200ml vegetable oil
- 10 grams of crushed coriander seeds
- 10 grams cumin seeds
- 25 grams turmeric seasoning
- 25 grams cumin seasoning
- 5 grams Kasuri methi
- 100 grams ginger and garlic paste
- 200ml water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red chilli powder if you like it hot
- In the pan heat vegetable oil and add sliced white onion, season with the cumin, coriander and cardamom and heat until golden brown.
- Add your ginger and garlic paste, all other seasonings and Kasuri methi.
- Stir in chicken and simmer until cooked through.
- Add fresh tomatoes and stir until gravy appears.
- Add 200ml of water and simmer until most of the water has evaporated.
- Season to taste with salt or red chilli powder if you desire and service with rice or naan!