What a gorgeous weekend it has been! If you are off this Bank Holiday Monday soaking up the sun why not cool down with a delicious Mango Lassi? An authentic Indian drink that’s becoming increasingly popular in the UK. Come on in and try one for yourself, or why not make it at home with the recipe below in only 4 steps!
Ingredients; 1 serving
- 1 very ripe Alphonso or honey mango, or about 200g very ripe supermarket mango or mango pulp
- 5 ice cubes
- 125ml chilled plain whole milk yoghurt
- Pinch of ground cardamom, or to taste
- Splash of milk or water (optional)
- ½ tsp soft light brown sugar (optional)
- Squeeze of lime juice (optional)
- To peel the mango, cut away the fatter sides from the stone, then cut cross-hatches in the flesh, turn inside out so the cubes stick out, and scoop into a blender with a teaspoon. Cut the remaining flesh from the stone.
- Add the ice cubes and whiz until finely chopped, then spoon in the yoghurt and cardamom and whiz until smooth.
- If it is still too thick (this will depend on the consistency of your yoghurt and juiciness of your mango), add a little milk or water to thin it down.
- Taste and add sugar as required, or lime juice if you fancy it. Pour into a glass and enjoy!